Common Garmin GPS Problems and their Solutions!
Garmin is a well know company that manufactures devices like handheld GPS units which is also known as Garmin GPS.
If you go to an unknown location or country, Garmin GPS can be your real companion. Many common problems can occur while using your GPS Unit.
In this article, we have discussed all the possible common problems that most of the Garmin GPS users face and how to fix them quickly.
Most Common Garmin GPS Problems:
- Signal Detection Failure
- Sudden Shutoff
- Unresponsive Touch screen
- GPS locking up
- No Sound Output
- Uploading and downloading problems
- No GPS satellite reception
- Faulty power button
- Depleted battery Issues
- Exhausted logic board
- Poor Display
How to Troubleshoot Some Common Problems in Garmin GPS:
Hope you have figure out the problem in your Garmin device?
Now, it’s time to fix the error. Below are the method to fix issue but some of the error are fixed by the professionals. Don’t wast time just call us to get in touch with Experts (Toll-Free).
GPS Not Starting – GPS navigation fails to start
- Make sure your key is turned on to ACC or Ignition Position.
- Recheck the power cable is connected to GPS Navigation Unit.
- Inspect the fuse behind the navigation unit or in the radio system, if it is blown, fix it with another fuse.
- Check the device’s battery. In case of flat battery, make sure to charge it up or replace it with a new one.
- If the battery of its remote control is running out of power, ensure to change it.
No voice – How to fix no sound input?
- Ensure that wires are properly connected to both of the devices i.e. GPS and speakers.
- Make sure that the GPS navigation unit is not set to Mute. If yes, un-mute it.
- Check the volume of the GPS device is not set to low.
- By clicking on OSD on remote check all sides of speakers (left, right, rear and front).
- Select the OSD remote and check all the sides of the speaker or adjust the “Audio” option.
Touchscreen Not Working – Touchscreen of your GPS device is not calibrated?
Calibrate the screen of the device by the following the below steps:
- Go to the “Menu”
- Tap on “Options”
- Select “Systems”
- Finally, choose “Calibration”
Sometimes the screen takes some time to respond back. If still touch screen unresponsive then dial our GPS support for instant help.
No GPS Reception – How to fix No GPS Reception?
- Cross check the GPS antenna and ensure it properly plugged in.
- There may be a possibility of No GPS Reception in your current location.
Pinpoint Not Correct – GPS not able to pinpoint the current location
- Ensure that you are updating your GPS Map regularly. Older version may not be able to cover some of the remote locations.
Not Able to Find Location – You’re GPS cannot find the location you are searching for
- Verify the location and re-submit it. If the GPS is still not able to search for it, it simply means that your map is not updated with the current version. You have to install latest Garmin GPS updates.
Final words – Common Garmin GPS Problems
These are some commonly issues encountered in Garmin GPS and their possible solutions. We hope with these basic solutions for Common Garmin GPS Problems, you will be able to overcome the minor issues and continue with your navigation.
If you face any other issue related to Garmin GPS unit or need any further assistance, get in touch with our experts right now!Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest