Garmin is a well know company that manufactures devices like handheld GPS units which is also known as Garmin GPS.
If you go to an unknown location or country, Garmin GPS can be your real companion. Many Common Garmin GPS problems can occur while using your GPS Unit.
In this article, we have discussed all the possible common problems that most of the Garmin GPS users face and how to fix them quickly.
Most Common Garmin GPS Problems:
- GPS Not Starting
- No Sound Output
- Touch Screen Not Working
- No GPS Satellite Reception
- Pinpoint Not Correct
- Not Able to Find Location
- GPS Device Locked up
- Uploading and Downloading Problems
- Faulty Power Button
- Depleted Battery Issues
- Exhausted Logic Board
- Poor Display
- Signal Detection Failure
- Sudden Shutoff
How to Troubleshoot Some Common Problems in Garmin GPS:
Hope you have figure out the problem in your Garmin device?
Now, it’s time to fix the error. Below are the method to fix issue but some of the error are fixed by the professionals. Don’t waste time just call us to get in touch with Experts (Toll-Free).
1. GPS Not Starting – GPS navigation fails to start
- Make sure your key is turned on to ACC or Ignition Position.
- Recheck the power cable is connected to GPS Navigation Unit.
- Inspect the fuse behind the navigation unit or in the radio system, if it is blown, fix it with another fuse.
- Check the device’s battery. In case of flat battery, make sure to charge it up or replace it with a new one.
- If the battery of its remote control is running out of power, ensure to change it.
2. No Sound Output – How to fix no sound input issue?
- Ensure that wires are properly connected to both of the devices i.e. GPS and speakers.
- Make sure that the GPS navigation unit is not set to Mute. If yes, un-mute it.
- Check the volume of the GPS device is not set to low.
- By clicking on OSD on remote check all sides of speakers (left, right, rear and front).
- Select the OSD remote and check all the sides of the speaker or adjust the “Audio” option.
3. Touch Screen Not Working – Touchscreen of your GPS device is not calibrated?
Calibrate the screen of the device by the following the below steps:
- Go to the “Menu”
- Tap on “Options”
- Select “Systems”
- Finally, choose “Calibration”
Sometimes the screen takes some time to respond back. If still touch screen unresponsive then get in touch with our experts for instant help.
4. No GPS Satellite Reception – How to fix No GPS Reception issue?
- Cross check the GPS antenna and ensure it properly plugged in.
- There may be a possibility of No GPS Reception in your current location.
5. Pinpoint Not Correct – GPS not able to pinpoint the current location
- Ensure that you are updating your GPS Map regularly. Older version may not be able to cover some of the remote locations.
6. Not Able to Find Location – You’re GPS cannot find the location you are searching for
- Verify the location and re-submit it. If the GPS is still not able to search for it, it simply means that your map is not updated with the current version. You have to install latest Garmin GPS updates.
7. GPS Device Locked up – How to Unlock Garmin GPS device
Follow the below steps in case your Garmin GPS is locked up.
- Slide the power key to the left to unlock the screen.
- Enter your four-digit PIN.
- Navigate to security location if you cannot recall your PIN. When the unit recognizes your location based on satellite data, it will unlock the GPS.
Final words – Common Garmin GPS Problems
These are some commonly issues encountered in Garmin GPS and their possible solutions. We hope with these basic solutions for Common Garmin GPS Problems, you will be able to overcome the minor issues and continue with your navigation.
If you face any other issue related to Garmin GPS unit or need any further assistance, get in touch with our experts right now!