At the present time, GPS technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in all aspects of daily life. Rand McNally is well known as one of the best GPS gadget suppliers. The company manufactures GPS gadgets that are helpful for clients with varying needs for routes.
The IntelliRoute TND 510 truck GPS unit from Rand McNally has received a new software release. The new Rand McNally TND 510 Update includes:
Updated map data, a lot of new features from the June release, as well as updated trucks and points of interest.
What is New in Rand McNally TND 510 Update?
The TND 720/520/710/510 is a set of Rand McNally GPS gadgets for transporters. Keep your gadget up-to-date with the latest programming and guides for a glitch-free experience.
Here are some of the new features and information included in the software upgrade:
- All Rand McNally proprietary truck restriction data is updated, including speed limits, legal restrictions, and physical restrictions.
- Added a list of truck stops, weigh stations, and exit locations necessary for efficient routing.
- Logs of fuel purchases — This feature allows drivers to record their fuel purchases for a trip from their Virtual Dashboard or Truck Tools.
- Drivers can avoid states or provinces with seasonal road conditions, hazmat restrictions, tolls, or construction. An “Avoid State or Province” preference allows the driver to avoid such situations and choose an alternative path.
- A Set Of Routing Options allows for faster, more accurate route calculations and greater flexibility.
- Enhanced address book icon – enables the group to create unique icons for imported locations, address book items displayed by name, distance from current location, and date added.
- Reduces distracted driving by providing spoken alerts for imported items, such as red light cameras, through text-to-speech.
Update Requirements For Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510
In spite of the updated methodology, you must first meet some prerequisites. These prerequisites help ensure your update method is error-free.
- GPS gadgets typically come with a USB link. Have it for the update process to be successful.
- Immediate access to the web.
- You will need at least 8GB of space on your disk drive.
- A Browser with the revised version.
Procedure To Grab Rand McNally TND 510 Update Devices
Your framework must be compatible with Rand McNally Dock programming in order to support TND 720/520/710/510 devices. GPS gadgets rely heavily on this product. You can use the product as a Guide Report on your gadget.
To download the dock application, visit www.randmcnally.com/dock. After you have downloaded the file, please specify a location where it should be saved.
What is Rand McNally Dock?
- The dock is an application developed by Rand McNally to manage GPS devices. Furthermore, the desktop application is free to download and is user-friendly.
- This technology allows GPS devices to be operated from a single location.
- However, before you start setup, you must ensure to meet the system requirements.
Take a careful approach at every stage of the procedure to avoid errors. In order to proceed, follow these steps:
How to Get the latest Rand McNally TND 510 Update?
- To begin with, connect your GPS device to the PC framework via the USB link. Rand McNally Dock will automatically open when you connect your gadget properly.
Alternatively, if it doesn’t, you can get to the application by clicking its icon.
You will see a “green shading” button on the general interface. This green shading marks the Availability of Updates.
- To proceed with the Rand McNally update system, click the “Update Available” option.
- With a tap on this option, the application will begin searching for the latest information about your GPS device.
- You will be able to see subtleties of the relevant update as soon as you complete the inquiry interaction.
- Review the subtleties and click “Start Download”. The update will automatically begin downloading after tapping.
- Upon completion, the screen displays a completion message. Next, copy the downloaded update to the McNally TND 720/520/710/510 gadget.
- To do so, tap the “Move” button and wait for the process to complete.
- A pop-up box will prompt you to check for compatibility when you install it. If your device meets the compatibility requirements, an installer will appear with the message “Welcome to Rand McNally Setup Wizards.
- Here you need to click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- In the “Software License Agreement” window, click on the “I Agree” button after which you will be prompted to click the Next button. Keep an eye out for the “I Do Not Agree” button because it can shut down the installation.
Hence, make sure you click on the correct option and select Next afterward.
- To complete the process, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- As a final step, click “Install” to complete the Rand McNally Dock installation process.
Successful completion of the process requires patience.
- An update success message appears after the update has been implemented.
- After a restart, you can now use the gadget with updated software and guides.
On A Final Note
By reading this article, you must now have a better understanding of the Rand McNally TND 510 update.
It is essential to follow the guidelines in an appropriate manner to install the update on your device. You can consult the experts for assistance, if necessary.
They will assist you with solving any queries you may have and getting you an updated gadget.