How To Unlock Garmin Maps? Things You Need to Know
For certain Garmin maps, you have to Unlock Garmin Maps. To access such maps, you need to enter a code. In case you are getting an error message “Can’t Unlock Maps” on your GPS device; don’t panic. we are here to fix unlock Garmin Maps.
You can quickly fix this. This happens with every second Garmin user.
Read this post carefully to check out how can you unlock Garmin maps.
Steps To Follow To Unlock Garmin Maps:
Step 1: Create An Account
Open the browser and go to the official Garmin website. Provide your email id and other required information and create an account with the Garmin website. Follow the on-screen instructions and create an account.
Step 2: Register Your Device
Go to the “myProducts” tab and click on the “Register” tab. Register your device while adding it to the account; following the given instructions.
Step 3: Unlock Garmin Maps
- Go back to the “MyGarmin” home screen and click on the “Manage Maps & Downloads.”
- Click on the “Details” button; next to your GPS device (for which you are trying to unlock the maps.)
- Click on the “Add maps with product key/coupon code” button.
- Select the maps name; you would like to unlock for your device.
- Next, provide the “product key or coupon code” in the field “Unlock Information.”
- You may also need to enter the “Serial number” here.
- Finally, click on the “Unlock Map,” and these will be unlocked.
Unlock Garmin Maps on Windows System
- Download your unlock file(s) on your system.
- Open the “Garmin BaseCamp.” Close the pop-up showing the introduction to the BaseCamp.
- From the top menu bar, click on the “Maps” option.
- Next, click on the “Manage Map Products” then go to “Unlock Regions.”
- Mind it; no need to click the “Unlock Online” option.
- Click on the “Import” and then look at the bottom-right of the window and click on the select “Unlock Code Files (*.ucx)” button.
- Now go to the Downloads folder and click on the “unlock file ” option and then click on the “Open” option.
- Close and restart the Garmin BaseCamp on your system; your product will now be unlocked.
Unlock Garmin Maps on Mac System
- On your Mac system; download the unlock file(s)
- Open Garmin Map Manager and click on this “File.”
- Next, click on the”Import Unlock Code” option.
- Open the Downloads folder and click on the “unlock file.”
- Click on the “Install” option.
- Finally, restart/reopen the Garmin BaseCamp.
- The maps are unlocked by then now.
Troubleshooting “Can’t Unlock Maps” Error on Garmin GPS Device
Sometimes you get corrupted maps downloads. It may be because of the internet fault or the Garmin server troubles.
This section will elaborate on how to deal with corrupted Garmin map updates. Follow the below-given steps to resolve the “Can’t Unlock Maps” or “Can’t Authenticate Maps” Garmin GPS error.
Update Garmin Express
Updated Garmin Express is vital to get any map or firmware updates. Garmin Express update itself automatically but sometimes it fails to do so.
- Check to ensure that you got the latest version of Garmin Express working on your computer.
- Login to Garmin Express (you should have fast internet access) check and update if required.
- Once updates; again try to download the Garmin maps; that you found corrupted or locked before.
Don’t Immediately Remove The GPS Device Form the System
Once you are entirely done with the downloading of the Garmin GPS update on your system, wait for a little before disconnecting the GPS.
Ejecting the GPS device immediately can disturb the files settling down onto your system. It can further corrupt the files and can terminate the process there only.
For Windows users: Click on the “Safely Remove Hardware” option in the system tray, instead of directly pulling out the USB cable.
For Mac users: Just wait a little more before detaching the connection.
Once corrupted you need to download the Garmin maps again with the help of Garmin Express. This time be patient while removing your GPS from the computer.
For more information feel free to visit our website or call our experts to know more!