In the world of GPS-based consumer products, Garmin is a reliable and trusted brand. Featuring a wide range of cutting-edge and user-friendly products, it provides an unmatched user experience, such as with VívoActive 3 Music & 4, Venu, and Forerunner watches.
Most of the time, Garmin products work properly, but sometimes users face Garmin error code 0105. Many users are experiencing WiFi network issues in their Garmin devices, especially in fitness trackers and Garmin smartwatches.
When trying to manage your device on Garmin Express, you may encounter Garmin error code 0105. It usually occurs when updating the map or installing software. While updating, Garmin Express displays a message stating “Garmin Express must be closed ”. When the Garmin Wi-Fi connection fails, or when the Garmin Wi-Fi error code 0800 is displayed, it occurs.
It becomes essential to solve the issue of Garmin Forerunner 945 error code 0105 so your device will work properly. Most of the time, the company releases various updates to fix the wifi network issue. In this article, we can discuss the various methods to fix the Garmin error code 0105.
Methods To Fix Garmin Error Code 0105
There are multiple reasons for the Garmin Forerunner 945 error code 0105. You can use various methods to fix the issue of wifi. Here you can check the top methods to solve the Garmin error code 0105. Let us check these different ways to fix the issue.
Review Your Internet Connection Using Garmin Connect App
Users need to check their internet connection so they can use the Garmin connect app. Follow these steps to check the internet connection.
- You can open the Garmin Connect app on your device.
- Here you can tap according to the system of devices such as mobile OS Apple iOS and iPad OS: the ••• More button and Android: the hamburger menu icon or three lines.
- Now you can select Garmin devices and choose your device.
- After this, you can go to General > Wifi networks.
- Here you can select WiFi network and choose Test connection > Connect.
You can also check the WiFi network in Garmin Express.
- Open the Garmin Express and here you can select Devices > Tools & Content.
- Now you can choose the Utility tab.
After this, you can test your internet network. Sometimes users are not successful in testing the wifi network. In that case, turn off your Garmin device, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Connect to a WiFi network again after the soft reset. Reset your Garmin device settings if restarting doesn’t work.
- You can go to settings or menu > system > reset on your Garmin smartwatch.
- Here you can choose to reset the default or restore the default.
Your device’s settings will be reset to their factory defaults, but it is necessary to save all your user data, stored music, and history. It is also necessary to check whether the Garmin error code 0105 is fixed or not.
Remove the Internet Network & Reattach
It is a basic step that we use in the smartest devices to fix the WiFi issue. There is a need to remove the internet network from your smartwatch or fitness tracker. After a few minutes, you can again attach the internet network with them. Check these steps to remove the WiFi.
- You can go to settings > wifi in your Garmin smartwatch.
- Here you can select My Networks and choose your wifi network and now click on Remove.
- You can restart your Garmin smartwatch.
- After this you can go to settings > wifi > add network.
- Here you can wait for a few seconds until your device finds a local network.
- Now select it and enter the password.
- There is a need to wait for your Garmin to connect with the internet network and check the on-screen message Connection successful.
- Now you can check whether the Garmin Forerunner 945 error code 0105 is solved or not. If it is not fixed you can use another method.
Turn on WiFi Auto Upload
You automatically uploaded your activity data to your Garmin Connect account as soon as your Garmin smartwatch finishes recording it. Many users also notice that the Garmin error code 0105 problem is solved when they turn on this setting.
- First, you open the settings> WiFi and you can turn on auto upload.
Now users can check whether the issue is solved or not.
Remove the Garmin Data
You can also remove all the Garmin data so you can quickly fix the Garmin Forerunner 945 error code 0105.
- You can open the Run dialog box on your system.
- Here you can enter “% localappdata %” in the search box.
- Now you can click on Enter key and launch into the local folder.
- You can search “Garmin_Ltd_or_its_subsid” in the folder.
- Here you can right-click on it and you can select delete from the list of options.
- You will delete the Folder from your system.
- Tap “Yes” if it asks for your permission.
- Now tap on Finish and again restart your system.
After these steps, you can check whether the issue of Garmin error code 0105 is fixed or not.
Uninstall Garmin Express & Reinstall it
There is a need t uninstall the Garmin express from your system to solve the issue of Garmin Forerunner 945 error code 0105. In this way, you can remove the software from the system’s “Control Panel ”.
On a Mac Device, simply drag and drop the software from the “Applications” folder to the “Trash”. Now you can again reinstall the Garmin express in your system. Follow these steps.
- First, there is a need to open any web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Now you can open the official website of Garmin.
- Here you enter “garmin.com/express” in the address bar and tap on Enter.
- After this, you can see the download links for Windows and Mac devices.
- You can click on the download link according to the system of your device.
- Now you can wait until the setup file download process is complete.
- In the meantime, the Setup File may need to be downloaded to a dedicated location.
- On the pop-up box, choose “Save” or “Save As”. Next, tap “Browse” and select the location you prefer.
- You can open the download file and tap on Run to open the installer.
- You can tap on Yes for the user account control window.
- Here you can follow all the on-screen instructions to install Garmin Express.
- Now you can properly read the “Software License Agreement” and confirm it.
- It is vital to reboot your system after completing the installation process.
It is crucial to check the issue of Garmin error code 0105 is solved or not. There is a need to follow all steps perfectly.
It is also imperative to check your WiFi settings so Garmin error code 0105 does not occur. Garmin trackers do not work with Wi-Fi networks due to 2.4Ghz/5.0Ghz channel-related issues, which require you to exclusively use the 2.4Ghz channel.
The Wi-Fi problem appears on your existing Garmin device, so you tried and tested the router, checked if there is a new Garmin software update, and tried deleting the Wi-Fi network.