How to Install Magellan Content Manager? A Quick Setup Guide
Magellan Content Manager is an all-in-one management software for Magellan devices.
It is available for free be it for Windows and Mac OS. You can manage your device settings and get Magellan GPS updates with this content manager.
Other things that you can manage are addresses book, navigation settings, downloaded contents, Free Magellan GPS maps (Paid also) and general settings.
Before you start with Magellan content manager thing, here are some golden tips for you.
Tips to Install Magellan Content Manager Successfully
Before you start downloading or installing content manager. You should check the following things:
- Your internet is giving excellent speed.
- WiFi network is working well.
- Your system is well connected to your wi-fi network.
- No other downloading or installation process is going on the system.
- Close all other heavy applications on the system.
- Disable your firewall/anti-virus (temporarily).
- Reduce the no. of devices connected to your wi-fi network.
Once you have checked and made all these things in order, now is time to hit the target. Let us start learning the process.
Download Magellan Content Manager
To use content manager for updating your Magellan GPS device, you first need to have that with you. We understand that your prime concern is to install Content Manager. But to install you first need to download it.
The voyage to get a working content manager starts with downloading the same. Don’t feel confused, following we are explaining step by step procedure to get one with you.
- Launch your browser.
- Go to the official Magellan website.
- Locate the download section.
- Content Manager is available for both Mac and Windows operating system.
- Click on the download button/link to start the downloading process.
- A new window will pop up asking the location on your system drive.
- Navigate to your desired location and click OK.
Now, wait until the downloading progress bar keeps rolling. The progress window will go away once the downloading process is completed.
Installing Magellan Content Manager
Here comes the thing that you were waiting for since you landed on this post. Now, when you have got content manager software downloaded with you, its time to install it.
This section will accurately address your query How to Install Magellan Content Manager? Let’s begin the job.
- Go to the folder that you got downloaded from the Magellan website.
- If it is an executable file; double click on it (to run.)
- If it is a folder; open the folder and look for a file an executable file.
- Double click on this file to initiate the installation process.
- The on-going installation progress is indicated by a progress bar.
- Sit back and wait till the process completes.
- Some windows may pop-up during installation. These may ask for location, language, and time zone information.
- Do give your consent to any access to time zone, current location, etc.
Once the installation process is completed, you will see a message for the same.
You have successfully installed the Content Manager on your system. Now, you can register your GPS device with it to get all Magellan map updates.
When next you need to update Magellan GPS. All you need to do is connect your device with your system.
Launch your content manager and login with your Magellan account credentials.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest