How to Get Magellan RoadMate 1440 Update? Guide to Get it Now!
Magellan RoadMate 1440 is one of the best portable GPS devices with a color LCD touchscreen with a pre-loaded memory card.
Magellan RoadMate 1440 has preloaded maps of the USA, Puerto Rico and Canada; but these maps need update time to time, which helps to find latest street information, shortcut routes, adding new routes and removing the old one.
Magellan GPS Updates will also fix some of the minor problems in the GPS device like frozen screen, touchscreen problem, software update, device not responding, voice not working, the device can’t find the address, etc.
Now let’s check out the process to update Magellan RoadMate 1440.
Find the below two methods to Get Magellan RoadMate 1440 Update:
- Get update directly in your device
- Manual Update
1. Get Magellan RoadMate 1440 update directly in your device
To get an automatic update you need to check the available update for your device. Below are the steps to get Magellan RoadMate 1440 update directly in your device.
- Connect your device with WiFi
- Login or create a new account on Magellan’s website.
- Now click on the setting icon in your device.
- Check if there is any new update available or not.
- If found any update just hit the install button.
- Wait to complete the process.
After Installing all latest updates your device will reboot and now it’s ready to use. You can install it in your car or enjoy your trip.
2. Manual Update
If the above method won’t work on your Magellan RoadMate device then follow the below steps to get the latest updates:
- Install Magellan Content Manager in your computer.
- Connect your device with computer.
- Visit www.SmartGPSEco.com
- Create a new account or log in with your old account.
- In the website go to the update tab and select your device i.e Magellan RoadMate 1440.
- Now, the latest map will prompt out for download.
- Download and Install the map.
- Now, safely remove your device and install it at its place.
Hope by using these two methods, your Magellan GPS device will get the latest Magellan RoadMate 1440 update for your device.
After the update, some of the common problem (as mentioned above) are fixed. But sometimes some people have faced some issue after getting the update. Check out some of the common problems and their solution.
List of the common problem after the Magellan RoadMate 1440 Update:
- The Device Will Not Power On
- Not Responding Device
- Device Has No Audio
- Signal not found
- Unable to Find Address
1. The Device will not power on
If your device is not able to start after getting the latest update. You have to check the below:
- Make sure the battery is fully charged: Charge your device battery up to 100% and try to switch on the device.
- Check your device’s battery is not damaged: Check the battery of your Magellan device is working fine. If you found the battery is damaged just insert the new battery and enjoy your trip.
- Make sure the charger is working fine: Make sure your charger is working fine if it is not working replace your charger now!
- Check if the power button is not working: Sometimes all the other things like charges, battery, etc. are working fine but the main switch of the device is not working properly. Replace it if found faulty.
2. Not Responding device
Your device is stuck on a place or is just get frozen at home screen after the update. Do the below check to make it working fine.
Try to restart the device: If the screen of your device is frozen or stuck on startup. Try to restart it. By doing a quick restart your device will start working properly.
3. Device Has No Audio
Some people facing this issue after updating their device that there is no audio output from their device.
Check out the speakers: If you getting this error your first priority is to check the wires of the speaker and make sure wires are connected perfectly. If you find any loose or cut in the wire get in touch with an expert to fix this issue.
4. Signal not found
If you get this error “signal not found” after updating your Magellan RoadMate 1440, First of all, check where are you located, such as inside a tunnel, near the wooded area, etc.
Reboot or Change the Location: Just wait or change your location, you will receive signals. If you still getting this error after crossing such locations. Then try to reboot your device once, a quick reboot will fix this error.
5. Unable to Find Address
“Unable to find the address” error occurs when the device is unable to identify the route.
Check for the latest Magellan GPS updates: It’s time to get a new update for your Magellan GPS device.
At the end
We hope, you got the solution to how to get Magellan RoadMate 1440 update? Still unable to update your device or you face any issue during the update feel free to call our experts! We are available 24*7 at your service.
Till then take care!
Enjoy your journey! Be safe!