The TomTom products are demand across various parts of the world. These devices have gained worldwide popularity around the world as they are providing their customer with products consisting of extensive features. Sometimes, the device is going to stop responding and you may have to go through the process of TomTom Map update.
There are also going to be more options such as resetting the TomTom device. When you are facing issues with the TomTom devices and the device is not even responding, then you need to troubleshoot the issue.
The issues can be easily resolved by resetting the TomTom GPS. There various steps that you need to follow in order to reset the device. TomTom is just like other devices that can go faulty. You need to examine your device to know what is causing the issue and then reset TomTom GPS.
If you are looking for help, then you can get in touch with our customer care executives who can help you in resetting the TomTom GPS device.
Our experts are technically advanced and 100 % verified professionals.
In order to reset the TomTom device, they are two ways that you can follow that are mentioned below:
Two Ways To reset the TomTom GPS device:
There are various settings that will be changed when you are going to reset the device. This allows your device to get a new start.
Here are to ways through which you can perform the reset.
- Hard reset
- Soft reset
1. TomTom GPS Soft Reset:
There are some steps that you need to follow in order to perform the soft reset.
- The first thing that you need to do is to power on the device by pushing the power button on.
- Release the power button when you see that your device is switched on.
- The TomTom logo is going to appear on the screen which is going to indicate that your device is now started.
If there are issues that hinder the device to work, then it can easily be resolved by applying the methods of soft reset. The users are going to efficiently resolve these issues with the soft reset.
2. Hard Reset:
You need to follow some steps in order to reset your device.
- The first thing that you need to do is to detach all the things that are attached to your device. You need to make sure that you detach the power cable as well.
- There is a tiny button that is present on the back of the TomTom GPS device.
- The button is slightly inside the device. So, you have to use a pin or any pointed object that can help you press that button.
- Make sure that you are not releasing the button until and unless the device is gets restarted and the lights go off as well.
- Once you see that the device is restarted, then you need to release the button. Make sure that you wait for a few seconds.
- Now you need to initiate the device and make all the settings to get the job done.
- After you are done with the hard reset, you are going to see that all your favorite places, setting as well as preferences will get customized.
So, these are among two ways through which you can reset TomTom device. If you are still confused about how to resolve the issues, then you can follow the above-mentioned steps on How to Reset TomTom GPS.
If you are still not getting the hang of it, then get in touch with our professionals who are 100 % verified. They can help you reset the device.
Get in touch with us at our experts to know more!