This post is our contribution to make users understand the process of “How to Install TomTom Home software”. We have tried to explain the steps in as simple language as possible.
To make this post a complete guidebook for all users; we have included all related aspects for windows and Mac users. We can’t afford to disappoint any reader.
In this post, you will get details about how to get:
- TomTom Home for Windows
- TomTom Home for Mac
There is nothing to explain about the importance of the TomTom software; if you have a GPS device from the same brand.
You may need to update TomTom GPS or need to get your map updated; This is the application for doing all such jobs.
Registering your device with TomTom Home software gives you complete control of your GPS device settings and configurations. You can set up, modify, or make new settings on your GPS device as per your need.
System Requirement to Install TomTom Home
Before proceeding to learn how to download and install the TomTom; there is something you need to know. The minimum system requirements, yes to get TomTom Home installed; your system should be compatible enough.
Following check out what you need to make your system ready.
Windows System: Minimum System Requirement to Install TomTom Home Software for Windows
- Version – Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7, 8, 10
- Processor- Pentium III or any higher
- Memory- 256 MB RAM (512 recommended.)
- Connectivity- Internet connection (Broadband – DSL/cable/LAN)
- Disk Space- more than 50MB of disk space.
Mac System: Minimum System Requirement to Install TomTom Home Software for Mac
- Operating system: Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- Processor: 500 MHz G3 or any better
- Memory: 256MB RAM
- Fast speed Internet connection for uninterrupted downloading updates.
Once you get all the required stuff ready on your system; you can proceed to download and install the TomTom Home software.
In the next section, you can learn in detail about how to do this.
Install TomTom Home on Windows PC and Mac
Before you install the TomTom Home application on your system; it is vital first to download it. No matter if you are doing this for Mac or windows; the installation process remains the same.
To make this more clear, following check out the steps to learn the entire procedure.
- Start your computer and make sure you login as administrator.
- Launch the browser and go to the official TomTom website.
- Locate the TomTom Home software download section.
- Click on the Download button showing the version for Windows.
- Navigate the location where you would like to save the file.
- Click “Save,” the downloading process will start.
- Wait until the downloading completes. The file will be saved with different extension name in windows and Mac system. “WinLatest.exe” for windows and “maclatest.dmg” for Mac.
- Go to the file (recently downloaded) and double-click on it to “Run.”
- New windows with name “TomTom Home” will open; click “Continue” to proceed.
- The same window will provide new options for languages; choose your language, and click “Continue.”
- In the same window, you need to give your consent to the “End-User License Agreement.” Click on the link provided for same and then click “Agree” to install the TomTom software.
- Finally, click on the “Install” button, and this will start installing the application on your system.
- After a little while, you will see the message “The Installation was Completed”; click the “Close” button to exit the window.
That’s all; you have successfully installed TomTom Home software on your system. To let your system read the newly installed application; you better restart it once.
At the End
Now you can anytime connect your GPS device with your system to update TomTom GPS maps or the device. In case you need any more help with your TomTom maps or device you can call us.