Magellan RoadMate 1200 could be your best pick if you need a good display portable GPS device. But mind it any GPS device running on old version maps or firmware will not benefit you as expected. You need to Update Magellan RoadMate 1200 GPS and device software.
The Magellan RoadMate 1200 is not so complex device to use. It works on pre-installed maps and GPS to provide reliable traveling directions. To get flawless navigation, you should Update Magellan RoadMate 1200 device from time to time.
Magellan GPS units work with the free Magellan Content Manager platform. The content manager allows you to manage and update your device. You need to go to the content manager for downloading any Magellan GPS updates.
How to Get Latest Magellan RoadMate 1200 Update
1. Get your Devices Ready for the Update
Before downloading the map updates on your system/device, ensure they are ready. You should check both your GPS unit and system before updating Magellan RoadMate 1200. Make a checklist of the following:
- Charge your GPS unit to the maximum you can. It may take several hours to update your Magellan RoadMate 1200.
- Ensure your computer is working fine. Also, check if your current OS version is compatible with the Content Manager.
- Some people reported that they couldn’t download updates for Magellan RoadMate 1200 on Windows XP. Whereas they succeeded when tried with windows 8 or windows 10.
- Go to Magellan official website to get a “Content Manager” for you.
- You will see the individual download options for Mac or Windows OS.
- Download the one for you.
Install the content manager on your system by running the executable files. Also, close all other heavy running applications on your system.
Tip: Terminate all other downloading on your system while updating Magellan RoadMate 1200.
2. Connect your devices
- Once you have checked and made your devices ready, next, you need to connect these both.
- Make sure to take out your GPS device out of your vehicle.
- Use some compatible USB cable to connect your GPS device to your system.
- Using a Magellan USB cable is recommended.
- Make sure the cable is not twisted, cracked, or folded anywhere.
3. Work with Content Manager
Launch the content manager check and install updates for your Magellan RoadMate 1200. Follow the below given steps.
- Launch the content manager in your system.
- If your Magellan RoadMate 1200 is already registered, it will automatically detect it.
- In case you are using your GPS unit for the first time. A prompt will ask you to register the device with the content manager.
- If you didn’t see any such message, click on the ‘+’ button to manually add your device.
- Click the “Update” button (2 circulating arrows in the corner of the Content Manager window).
- Clicking on this icon will initiate checking for all updates.
- You will see a display message for all updates available along with their details.
- Click on the “OK” button.
This will start downloading the updates for your Magellan RoadMate 1200 on your computer.
4. Transfer update to your device
Once you are done with downloading Magellan map updates. The next thing to need to do is to transfer these to your device.
Once the transfer is completed, you will get the notifications of same.
Tip: Save the updates on your device main drive instead of any folder.
5. Disconnect Device
The last step you need to do is to disconnect your Magellan GPS device from your system. Though it sounds quite simple but requires some attention while doing. Here is what you should take care of.
- Do not immediately disconnect the device from your computer.
- Disconnect device by clicking “Safely Remove your Device” option in the system tray.
- The device will automatically restart once your device get the latest updates.
All done!! Next, when you search for any route, you will get to see updated information on your GPS device. Your device will pick the latest information to provide you the best possible navigation.
If you get stuck at any step or couldn’t complete map update, then contact our expert team to get the update now.