Garmin is a leading name and comes with various devices in the market. People love to use their Garmin fitness trackers and other devices.
Most of the time Garmin fitness trackers work perfectly but sometimes users face the Garmin won’t connect to WiFi issues. They face these types of errors in various VívoActive 3 Music & 4, Venu, Forerunner models, and Fenix models.
It is crucial to solving the error of the Garmin Watch won’t connect to WiFi. In this article, we can discuss the best way to solve the error quickly.
Methods to Fix Garmin Won’t Connect to WiFi
There are multiple reasons Garmin won’t connect to WiFi. Sometimes there is an issue in your WiFi network so it is necessary to check them properly. Here we can check various ways to solve Garmin not connecting to WiFi.
Check these Steps to Solve WiFi Issue
- Connect your Garmin device to Garmin Connect for mobile devices or to Garmin Express on your computer. You can do this before trying to connect to WiFi.
- It is necessary to attach your Garmin watch and mobile on the same network. When it is on a different network it shows Garmin watch won’t connect to WiFi.
- It is important to ensure that the WiFi network you plan to connect to supports 2.4 GHz and 802.11g wireless. 802.11n is backward-compatible with the 802.11g standard.
- Sometimes it is necessary to set up an 802.11g 2.4GHz Wireless LAN Access Point for their Garmin device’s WiFi to work. In the router’s admin settings, you can also change the transmission mode to 802.11g.
- Keep your SSID (network name) visible rather than hidden. You can disable hiding your networks’ SSIDs by checking your router’s manual.
- It is vital to use a secure network with password protection.
- You can use only alphanumeric characters, including numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters, for your WiFi password.
- There is a need to change the security standard to standard to WPA2 or WPA-PSK.
- Sometimes when you set your WiFi security to WEP, so it is necessary to change it quickly.
- It is also vital to check firmware updates by using Garmin Connect or Garmin Express. When you are using outdated firmware so the error Garmin won’t connect to WiFi.
- Your Garmin’s WiFi settings can be set to Auto Upload. You can turn on automatic uploads on your Garmin smartwatch by going to Settings > WiFi > Auto Upload.
- Turn on the feature Automatic software updates when connected to WiFi on your Garmin smartwatch via Settings > System > Software Update > Auto Update.
These are the primary steps to fix the Garmin won’t connect to WiFi. You can also use the below-mentioned methods to solve the issue quickly.
Check Your Internet Connection By Using the Garmin Connect app
It is vital to check your WiFi connection so you can fix the issue of the Garmin watch won’t connect to WiFi. You can use the Garmin Connect app to check your internet connection by following these steps.
- You can open Garmin Connect on your device.
- There is a need to follow these steps according to your mobile system. You can click on the ••• More button on Apple iOS and iPad. There is a need to tap on the hamburger menu icon (three lines) on Android.
- You can choose Garmin devices and now choose your devices.
- Now you can go to General > WiFi networks.
- Here you can select WiFi network > test connection > connect.
You can also use Garmin Express to check your WiFi connection.
Remove & Re-add the WiFi Network
The most common fix for WiFi-related issues with electronic gadgets is to expunge the network from your smartwatch or fitness tracker and then re-join it. Check these steps to fix the error.
- First, you can go to settings > WiFi on your Garmin smartwatch.
- Here you can select My Networks.
- Now you can click Remove after choosing your WiFi network.
- After this, you can restart your Garmin smartwatch.
- You can go to settings > WiFi > add network.
- It is crucial to wait for a few seconds until it searches for local networks.
- If necessary, enter the password for an available network.
- When your Garmin connects, you will see the message Connected successfully on the screen.
After this, you can check whether the issue of the Garmin watch won’t connect to WiFi is fixed or not.
Turn on WiFi Auto Upload
When your Garmin smartwatch finishes recording your activity data, the auto upload setting automatically uploads it to your Garmin Connect account. When you turn it on the issue of Garmin not connecting to WiFi is solved. Let us check these steps:
- You can open Settings > WiFi.
- Here you can turn on auto upload.
Use Guest Network to Test Garmin
Almost all modern routers allow you to set up a guest network. Use the 2.4 GHz band for testing and create a guest SSID without a password using the instructions for your specific router.
Now Set up a network using Garmin Connect or Garmin Express, then check it out on your Garmin smartwatch. You can add a password to your guest network if it works with your guest network.
Remove the network from Garmin and then add the password. Here it is vital to check whether the issue of Garmin won’t connect to WiFi is solved or not.
Reset the network settings on your Garmin device
If forgetting and reconnecting to the WiFi network doesn’t work, try resetting the network settings on your Garmin device.
To do this, go to the WiFi settings, select “Reset Network Settings,” and then follow the on-screen instructions.
This process will reset all of your Garmin device’s network settings to their default values.
However, this may also erase any saved network passwords, so you will need to enter them again when reconnecting to WiFi.
Update the software on your Garmin device
Outdated software can sometimes prevent Garmin devices from connecting to WiFi.
To check for updates, go to the Garmin website and download the Garmin Express application. Once installed, connect your Garmin device to your computer and follow the on-screen instructions to update the software.
This process will ensure that your device has the latest firmware, which may help it to connect to WiFi.
Reset Settings of Your Garmin Watch
It is a simple process there is a need to remember that after resetting of Garmin watch it comes into default settings. It is imperative to set the settings of the watch again.
- You can reset your Garmin smartwatch by going to Settings or Menu > System > Reset.
- There is a need to choose between Reset Default and Restore Default.
Now you can check whether the issue of Garmin won’t connect to WiFi is solved or not.
Garmin devices are designed to be user-friendly and easy to connect to WiFi. However, issues can still arise from time to time.
If your Garmin device won’t connect to WiFi, try restarting it, forgetting and reconnecting to the network, resetting the network settings, and updating the software.
If none of these steps work, contact Garmin customer support for further assistance. With a little bit of troubleshooting, you’ll be back online in no time.