How to Solve Garmin Memory Full Problem? Troubleshooting Guide
Troubleshooting Guide to Solve Garmin Memory Full Problem?
Garmin GPS device provides accurate route information through its route navigation facility.
Since GPS received the information about current routes and places directly from the satellites, one can easily rely on this device while traveling to an alien place.
And the best part about the Garmin GPS device is that it saves all the route information in the device for future use.
With the regular usage of Garmin GPS or after getting latest Garmin GPS Updates, sometimes users may face some technical errors and Garmin memory full is one of those common errors.
But no worries, we will tell you how to clear Garmin Memory Full Problem issue in this article by these easy troubleshooting method.
Troubleshooting Steps to fix Garmin Memory Full Problem
1. Restart your GPS Device
A simple restart has the potential to resolve many errors in your device. Turn your device off and restart it again after a few seconds. It can help you in fixing the memory error in your GPS device.
Steps to Restart Your Device:
- Locating the reset button.
- Push the button
- Slide the power key
2. Delete Archive Folders
All the GPS devices can archive the files. Archive files consume the memory space so it there are chances that your GPS is giving Garmin Memory Full Problem due to these archive files.
We don’t even realize this because it stays in the back-end. By deleting those files, you can easily combat this issue.
- Firstly, you will need to link your GPS device with your system with the help of Garmin Express. Garmin Express App enables it, user, to manage their Garmin GPS device from their computer. This app is readily available on App Store or the Garmin Website.
- Go to “C” Drive and look for GPS folder. Open it once you connect your device to your computer.
- Double click on GPX folder and look for Archive Folder. Once you find it, and then open it.
- Select the whole content by pressing “CTRL + A” and hit the DLT button.
- Some files will remain because the system might not be able to delete it. You can leave those files as it may require for the device functioning.
- Now you can restart your device and check if the error has resolved or not.
The whole process for Mac is the same. You will require Garmin Express App to connect with your Mac System. Then go to GPS Drive and follow all the above steps to delete the Archive Files from your device.
3. Hard Reset to Fix Garmin Memory Full Problem
This step is the last troubleshooting step that you can try by your own to fix this error. But before that, take a backup of your device’s data.
- Before proceeding, make sure to disconnect your device with your system.
- Connect your Device with the power socket and switch it off and wait for about 10-15 seconds before restarting it.
- Now press the power button to turn it on.
- While the device is turning on, press on the right corner at the bottom of your device’s screen and hold it a few 3-4 seconds.
- A pop will appear on your screen with options of Hard Reset. This option will reset your device and bring it to factory settings by erasing all the data of your device.
- Press “Yes” to confirm and wait for the process to complete.
- Now check if the error has resolved or not.
Are you still not able to solve Full Memory Issue in your Garmin GPS Device?
Don’t worry! We are here to help you.
At the End
These were the few steps which you can perform to resolve the Garmin memory full problem of GPS. But sometimes it happens when your Garmin GPS device is facing some internal technical issue, and it can be hard to fix without any expert’s guidance.
In such a case, consider taking professional help at the earliest. Dial our Toll-Free GPS contact number, talk to one of our experts to solve your Garmin Memory Issue in your Garmin GPS Device.