Various Garmin Nuvi 1450 Update Problems – Guide Solve All Your Problems
Garmin Nuvi 1450 is one of most selling GPS products from the Garmin. With every newly released update, it’s vital to overview and get it for you; if required.
However, people face various trouble while getting Garmin Nuvi 1450 updates. Here, in this post, we have summarized a few of such queries.
Users generally come up with these Garmin Nuvi updates related questions. In addition to these queries, we are also giving solutions for each.
To educate yourself more about Garmin Nuvi 1450; you should read this article till the last. Here are some common problems with Garmin GPS.
Various Garmin Nuvi 1450 Update Problems and Solutions
Problem-1: How To Get Garmin Nuvi 1450 Update If Garmin Express Does Not Work?
Solution: Pity about this situation!! You can’t download Garmin Nuvi 1450 update on a computer without Garmin Express. You should fix the corrupted Garmin Express.
Or in more simple words, you have to get back Garmin Express to life to proceed with getting Garmin updates. Do recover it, try the following tricks:
- Restart Garmin Express.
- Restart your system.
- Check your internet speed (at least 2 Mbps is required.)
- Uninstall/reinstall Garmin Express.
Check out our detailed guide on how to Download and Install Garmin Express.
Problem-2: Why My Garmin Nuvi 1450 doesn’t Turn On after I updated it?
Solution: It takes quite a good time to update Garmin Nuvi 1450. However, the time taken depends upon the size of Garmin Nuvi update and the internet speed.
- It is always recommended to charge your device maximum before you take up GPS updating job.
- The possibility is your device may run out of battery while getting updates.
- As the first resort, plug in the charger to re-charge your device battery.
- Do not immediately try to turn it on. Wait for 10-15 minutes of charging and then try to turn on your Garmin Nuvi 1450.
Problem-3: How To Fix A Garmin Nuvi 1450 That Does Not Pick Some Addresses After The Update?
Solution: Getting new GPS updates affects the existing data and history of your device. You device try to settle with new configuration when it receives either Garmin Map updates or Garmin GPS updates.
A GPS device Reset may work out in such a situation. Once you reset the device, try to the same address. Most probably it would accept it.
If this does not work, then you need to refer to the map database. Get the latitude and longitude of the address to navigate your Garmin Nuvi GPS to said the address.
Problem-4: How To Fix Frozen GPS Device After I Got An Update On My Garmin Nuvi 1450 Unit?
Solution: When your GPS gets frozen after getting the updates, there could be two possible reasons for this:
- Old Software version
- Less Internal memory
For old software version; it’s obvious to upgrade your GPS device with the latest available software.
And to manage Garmin memory full issue, you need to expand the memory of your device.
But before that, your device should be responding at least. To turn on your device, a “Soft Reset” would be a great help.
TIP: Charge your GPS unit for at least 30 minutes, before performing a soft reset.
To Soft Reset, do the following:
- First of all, disconnect your GPS unit from the power source.
- Press & hold the power button.
- Keep pressing for at least 8-10 seconds.
- This will reboot your system, and it will be running again.
Problem-5: How To Update GPS device When Getting Insufficient Space Message?
Solution: While downloading an update on Garmin Nuvi 150, if you get an error message regarding insufficient space, Don’t panic. This error indicates there is no room available on your device internal memory to save update files.
The solution to this is simple; add an SD card to expand the memory on your device. Then do the following:
- Terminate the downloading process when you get this error.
- Delete the file/folder created on your system for this update.
- These files are either corrupted or incomplete downloads.
- Insert a Micro SD card in your device.
- Restart your device as well as system.
- Launch Garmin Express, connect your device
- Start over again to get Garmin Nuvi 1450 updates.
You can reach us if you need some more help with other Garmin Nuvi 1450 related issues visit our website to know more!Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest